It is vital for professional counselors to research and integrate specific state laws and ethical codes into professional practice. This assignment draws upon two key areas where researching current ethical standards and state laws guide ethical decisions and the credentialing process.
Analyze the issues below that may arise in a school counseling.
Issue 1: A client or student discloses that he’s been diagnosed as HIV-positive and is also currently sexually-active; he is reluctant to inform his partners and does not want you to tell anyone about his diagnosis.
Issue 2: A 15-year-old you’re seeing for counseling has made a threat to harm one of his teachers.
For each selected issue, complete the following:
· Identify at least one specific state law and one specific ethical standard relevant to each issue. In other words, list the code number for the applicable laws and the ethical standards. For example, if the case involves supervision of a counselor, reference the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) 4757-17-01 “Counseling supervision”, and the ACA (2014) code F.2.a. “Supervisor Preparation”.
· Write a description of why these laws and standards are applicable to the issue, considering how the specific laws and codes inform responsible counseling practice.
· What are the specific decisions, actions, or steps you would take in order to act in a legal, ethical, and professional manner?
Locate the relevant state laws or code for School Counseling in Georgia to address the following:
· Explain the importance of professional credentials (licensure or certification) to professional counselors and the profession of counseling.
· Explain how professional credentials (licensure or certification) are a matter of public policy important to protect the citizens of the state.
· Cite peer-reviewed scholarly articles to support your explanation. (See list of optional articles in the course syllabus).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.