• Identify a public service organization.
• Briefly describe the organization, the main elements of its mission (and vision if applicable), and the key services it currently offers to the public. Describe the demographics of the majority of the organization’s clients.
◦ Identify the theory by name as well as explain theoretical bases and main models of service delivery employed in this organization.
• Determine a new service the organization could offer that would be aligned with the organization’s mission and would serve its clientele.
◦ Identify the theory by name as well as explain the theoretical bases that support this new service.
• Comprehensively describe the tasks that would be required for organization to provide the new service.
◦ Describe the process flows required for the new service.
◦ Analyze how these process flows may affect worker requirements and expectations.
• Describe the competencies (including knowledge, skills, and abilities) that the organization’s staff would need to fulfill the required tasks.
• Make an inventory of the competencies of the organization’s current staff to determine if they possess the required competencies, if they can acquire them, or if you would need to recruit new staff that possess these competencies.
• Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
• Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
• Length of paper: 5–8 typed, double-spaced pages.
• Font and font size: Arial, 12 point.
• Submit your final to this assignment.
New Service and Competency Inventory Scoring Guide:
• Analyzes the relationships between a public sector organization’s mission, key services, and clientele.
• Explains the main models of service delivery employed in a public organization, and evaluates how they are used.
• Explains theoretical bases that support a new service aligned with customer service requirements, and analyzes how they support it.
• Describes the competencies required for a public sector worker to provide a given service, analyzing how each contributes to the desired outcomes.
• Analyzes how process flows affect worker requirements and expectations from a variety of perspectives.
• Inventories existing staff competencies, and evaluates different alternatives for meeting the requirements of a new service.
• Writes concisely with excellent clarity and organization; with no errors in spelling, grammar, or syntax; and employing critical or analytical reasoning as needed.
In this unit, you will explore the three main models of service delivery used over the last two hundred years by the government in the United States. You will explore the advantages and disadvantages of these models of service delivery. As the staff model has given way to contract models, the ability to change, add, and delete programs has increased, but the costs of service delivery have gone up. To battle these costs, a new model of supporting faith-based organizations has emerged that reduces costs (Klingner, Nalbandian, & Llorens, 2010). You should evaluate features of these models for use within you own organization.
You will discover that changing the status quo in delivery model can be very challenging and complex for a human resources manager. Understanding both sides of the issues is critical in making the changes to add a new service and staffing it with a new job design, such as you will do in your course project.
Klingner, D. E., Nalbandian, J., & Llorens, J. (2010). Public personnel management: Contexts and strategies (6th ed.). New York, NY: Routledge.
To successfully complete this learning unit, you will be expected to:
1. Identify the main models of service delivery in public organizations as shaped by position structuring and classifications.
2. Describe the transitions taking place within public service from the perspective of personnel management practices.
3. Explore, from the perspective of contemporary human resources and public administration theory, the conflicting motivations of privatization in public service.
Unit 3 Study 1- Readings
Use your Public Personnel Management text to complete the following:
• Read Chapter 2, “Doing Public HRM in the United States.”
• Read Chapter 3, “Thinking Strategically About HRM.”
◦ The text will explore traditional assumptions in models of staffing for public service organizations and challenges to these models. Pay particular attention to the four key recommendations for strategic thinking about these models, and indicators that the model in use is right for the organization.
• In Chapter 4, “The HR Role in Policy, Budget, Performance Management, and Program Evaluation”:
◦ Read “Case Study #2, Privatization,” page 101.
The term “process flow” is used in your assignment in this unit. Use the following as a working definition:
A description or visual representation of the organized sequential stages or steps necessary to complete a procedure resulting in a product or service.
In other words, the process flow is a representation of the HR systems employed to define, fill, and manage a position.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.