Assignment Week 4
Review the financial information pertaining to the City of South Pittsburgh in problem 8-10 on page 257 of your text. Prepare, in journal form, worksheet adjustments for each of the situations outlined.
Review the financial information pertaining to Southern State University in problem 9-5 on pages 294 and 295 of your text. Prepare, in good form, a Statement of Net Assets for Southern State University as of June 30, 2012.
Review the financial transactions pertaining to the Cancer Research Center in problem 10-8 on pages 326 and 327. On the books of Cancer Research Center, record the pledge on January 1 in the temporarily restricted asset class, assuming the appropriate discount rate is 5% on an annual basis. The appropriate discount factor is 4.33.
Record the increase in the present value of the receivable in the temporarily restricted net asset class as of December 31.
Record the receipt of the first $30,000 on December 31 and the payment to the researcher. Indicate in which asset class (unrestricted, temporarily restricted) each account is recorded.
Below is the detailed info that you were asking for
8–10. The City of South Pittsburgh maintains its books so as to prepare fund accounting statements and records worksheet adjustments in order to prepare government-wide statements. You are to prepare, in journal form, worksheet adjustments for each of the following situations:
1. Deferred property taxes of $89,000 at the end of the previous fiscal year were recognized as property tax revenue in the current year’s Statement of Revenues, Expenditures, and Changes in Fund Balance.
2. The City levied property taxes for the current fiscal year in the amount of $10,000,000. When making the entries, it was estimated that 2 percent of the taxes would not be collected. At year-end, $600,000 of the taxes had not been collected. It was estimated that $300,000 of that amount would be collected during the 60-day period after the end of the fiscal year and that $100,000 would be collected after that time. The City had recognized the maximum of property taxes allowable under modified accrual accounting.
3. In addition to the expenditures recognized under modified accrual accounting, the City computed that $250,000 should be accrued for compensated absences and charged to public safety.
4. The City’s actuary estimated that the annual required contribution (ARC) under the City’s public safety employees pension plan is $229,000 for the current year. The City, however, only provided $207,000 to the pension plan during the current year.
5. In the Statement of Revenues, Expenditures, and Changes in Fund Balances, General Fund transfers out included $500,000 to a debt service fund, $600,000 to a special revenue fund, and $900,000 to an enterprise fund.
9-5 Southern State University had the following account balances as of June 30, 2012. Debits are not distinguished from credits, so assume all accounts have a “normal” balance:
Accounts receivable $ 325,000
Accounts payable 265,000
Cash and cash equivalents 154,000
Deferred revenue—current 220,000
Endowment investments 6,123,000
General obligation bonds payable (related to capital acquisition) 1,250,000
Short-term investments—unrestricted 1,444,000
Net assets—restricted—nonexpendable 6,123,000
Restricted cash and cash equivalents 92,000
Capital assets, net of depreciation 7,226,000
Revenue bonds payable (related to capital acquisition) 2,200,000
Long-term investments 1,683,000
Long-term liabilities—current portion (related to capital acquisition) 200,000
Net assets—restricted—expendable 1,775,000
Net assets—invested in capital assets, net of related debt ?
Net assets—unrestricted ?
Prepare, in good form, a Statement of Net Assets for Southern State University as of June 30, 2012.
10-8 On January 1, 2012, a foundation made a pledge to pay $30,000 per year at the end of each of the next five years to the Cancer Research Center, a nonprofit voluntary health and welfare organization as a salary supplement for a well-known researcher. On December 31, 2012, the first payment of $30,000 was received and paid to the researcher.
1. On the books of the Cancer Research Center, record the pledge on January 1 in the temporarily restricted asset class, assuming the appropriate discount rate is 5 percent on an annual basis. The appropriate discount factor is 4.33.
2. Record the increase in the present value of the receivable in the temporarily restricted net asset class as of December 31.
3. Record the receipt of the first $30,000 on December 31 and the payment to the researcher. Indicate in which asset class (unrestricted, temporarily restricted) each account is recorded.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.