JOURNAL 1 – Chapt. 2 & 3
1) a) What traits do you observe in your most recent supervisor?
In Table 2.2 and 5 major personality traits in the Personality Model in Table 2.3?
c) Would you say this leader has assigned or emergent power or both? Explain.
2) In your text pages 36-38. Take the Leadership Trait Questionnaire. The book asks you (the leader) and five others to take it – the others are rating you. Five others may be difficult to recruit so invite at least 2 others to rate you (not relatives). Reflect in writing on the results.
3) In Chapter three of your text read the case study 3.1 on pages 60 – 61 – – A Strained Research Team. Write a short paragraph responding to the questions on page 61.
4) One of the important capabilities of leaders is to be able to problem solve. Your text details nine problem solving skills. Using a work or personal example of a solved problem, describe the steps you used in solving the problem and connect the 9 skills to your example.
5) Take the Skills Inventory on page 66 – 68 of your text. Score it via the instructions on that page. Report your scores here. Reflect on the meaning of the scores. How do these scores influence what your leadership education journey might need to include?
_______Technical _______Human Skill _______Conceptual
6) Read the following articles on leading remotely.
A. Working From Home Advice
B. Self-Leadership Skills Required for a Remote Team
C. Top 8 Leadership Skills for Managing Remote Employees
D. A Guide to Managing your Newly Remote Workers
a. Rank which article was most helpful as you prepare to be a leader who can be effective in remote settings.
b. Summarize in 2-3 sentences per article the best advice from each article.
c. List and Describe the skills you saw in the articles that would benefit a person leading remotely.
7) What leadership-related Ah-ha have you learned from this assignment?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.