FOR THIS ASSINGMENT my COUNTRY I WAS GIVEN WAS
1. Seychelles *
attached is the spreed sheet for the 2nd part
Research the country using The World Factbook found on the Central Intelligence Agency website at https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/, other resources such as the U.S. Department of State website at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html,
You and some of your friends want to travel to another country to provide aid in the form of a mission trip. You have been chosen as the team leader, and your job is to provide a plan for the trip, including a financial plan. This is a big job, and you want to do it right, so you and your team have agreed that the trip will take place 5 years from now.
Who: You and 5-10 other individuals will travel to provide aid.
When: 5 years in the future. The trip will last 2-4 weeks. This is not a large scale, so you should think carefully about what you can accomplish with a team of this size and time frame.
What: This trip’s main purpose will be to fill some sort of tangible need to improve the day-to-day life of the people you meet. Therefore, your first job will be to decide what your team has to offer and to find a location where there is a need for your talents. You should think about what you can do to alleviate human suffering by working in an area of education, health care, basic supplies (such as clothing or home goods), housing, food or clean water, or work to repair the local environment. If you want to include evangelism as a secondary goal, that is fine, but the criteria you will be graded on is how you make a difference in the day-to-day lives of the people you work with.
Where: You will travel overseas. To keep your project manageable, you must choose one of the locations on the Country List, which is included as an attachment to this assignment. Because of the size of the team and your time frame, you should narrow down your area within the country to fit your project. For example, you can’t expect to provide vaccines to the entire country of Brazil, but you could reasonably expect to provide this service to a small town in the country. So you will need to find an area within your chosen country to focus on. The people that you serve in this area are members of your target population.
This assignment will have two parts.
Part 1: You create a PowerPoint presentation describing the trip and explaining why the specific country has been chosen. The presentation should have a minimum of eight slides – a title slide, one for each category below, and a reference slide. All important information should be on the face of the slides but you can submit speaker notes for greater detail. In addition, you will need a minimum of three scholarly resources (see the resource list below for ideas) and the presentation should address the following areas:
1. An overview of your purpose for the project: Where are going, and what service will you be providing? Remember, evangelism cannot be the sole purpose of your trip or even the primary purpose.
2. Cultural and social aspects of the country and its population that led you to choose this area of the world.
3. How your choice of project works toward fulfillment of the Judeo-Christian-Islamic ideal to love your neighbor as yourself: How does your personal worldview and the possible worldviews of your target population influence your plans for the trip?
4. Information about your target population: Who are you planning to serve? How does this population compare to the population of the country as a whole? You will also need to do a calculation to project either the general or the target population in 5 years in the spreadsheet but it does not need to be discussed in the presentation. The World Factbook provides population growth data to help you here.
5. Information about the economic situation in your country and how your project will improve this.
6. Possible concerns that you need to keep in mind to keep your team and your target population safe. This could be safety from violence or from health problems (for example, will your team need inoculations to travel to the country).
Part 2: A financial plan for your trip, which you will include in the provided Excel spreadsheet. Your financial plan needs to include the following information:
1. A list of expenses for all members of your trip. This must include the following:
a. Travel expenses, such as plane or bus fare, passports/visas, local travel within the country. Plane fare can be in U.S. dollars, but the local travel will need to be in the local currency of the country you visit.
b. Lodging expenses. If you plan to camp, you will include expenses for your camping gear. If you are planning to stay with a host church or host family, you should research the cost of lodging in your target area and provide a per diem donation that is commensurate with the local lodging rates. This will be in the local currency.
c. Food expenses while you are overseas. Again, if you are being fed by local residents, you will research the approximate cost to feed your group and provide a per diem donation to cover expenses. One way to do this is to research cost of living in your country to find out what a local family would expect to budget to pay for food. Again, these costs will be in the local currency.
d. Supplies for your project. Provide at least four items that you will need to complete your project. Depending on the nature of your project, these might be in U.S. dollars, or in the local currency, or they may be a mix.
e. For your expenses that are given in the local currency, a conversion to U.S. dollars.
f. For each expense, you will use the CPI data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to calculate your estimated expense 5 years in the future.
g. A grand total of all projected expenses 5 years from now.
2. Funding sources for your trip.
a. Sponsorship: You are going to assume that you can find a sponsor who can provide 30% of your grand total of all expenses for seed money, and you will invest that money in a savings account for the next 5 years. Research current savings rates and calculate what this amount will grow to over the next 5 years.
b. Savings: Your team will work on various fundraisers to save for the trip, and you estimate that you can raise $100 a month every month over the next 5 years, which you will also put into a savings account. Using the savings rates you found in part a., calculate what these regular savings amounts will grow to over the next 5 years.
c. Loan: If your sponsorship and savings totals do not cover your expenses, then you will need to take out a loan for the remainder of your expenses. Even if your sponsorship and savings total do cover all expenses, then you will take out a $10,000 loan for an additional emergency cushion. Research loan rates from two banks, and calculate the monthly payment, total that you pay back to the bank and total interest you will pay for each loan. You will indicate in the spreadsheet which of the two loans is a better choice for you and your reasons why.
You should plan to use the following resources to help you with your plan. You can also use other resources, but at a minimum, you will need the Excel Budget Spreadsheet, BLS CPI data, and CIA World Factbook. Additionally, your paper requires three scholarly sources.
· Country list.docx: Includes the list of countries you are allowed to choose from for this project, along with some important facts about the country’s make up.
· Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Price Data information: https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?cu which is the same as on Worksheet 2.
· CIA World Fact Book: You must use this source. You will find that it contains a wealth of demographic, economic, and cultural information about your country. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
· U.S. Department of State website: This site will give you important information about your country, as well as information about travel overseas. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages.html
· Excel Budget Spreadsheet: Attached to the assignment directions, and provides a compact way to explain your budget and funding.
· Your course textbook
· GCU Library
· This assignment uses a rubric. Please be sure to look at the grading criteria and point values for each area of the rubric to see how you will be graded on this assignment.
· Compound interest formula (also called the Lump Sum Investment formula) formatted for EXCEL: A = P * ((1 + r/n)^(n * t).
o A is the accrued amount after t years that the principal, P, grows to at interest rate, r%, compounded n times each year.
· Regular payments formula (also called the Savings Plan formula) formatted for EXCEL: A = PMT * ((1 + r/n)^(n * t)-1)/(r/n).
o A is the accrued amount after t years of making regular payments, PMT, into an account at interest rate, r%, compounded n times each year.
· Loan payment formula formatted for EXCEL: PMT = P * (r/n)/(1 – (1 + r/n)^(-n*t)).
o PMT is the payment required to pay off a loan of $P at interest rate, r%, compounded n times per year for t years.
· Percent change IR = (new CPI – old CPI)/old CPI where IR is inflation rate.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.