This discussion will allow you to examine several different preventive guidelines related to vaccinations. Please read the following four scenarios and choose ONE for your initial post; be sure to address all the questions posed by the scenario and include at least three scholarly sources within your initial post.
1. Patient #1: Two five-year-old girls are on your schedule for a kindergarten physical. The foster parent of one of the children indicates she received all her immunization from birth to one year of age, but after that the child has not had any further vaccines. The second child appears to have been vaccinated per the CDC schedule.
– Is there a difference in the immunization plan you will initiate today for these two patients? Why or why not?
– What immunizations will you be ordering for each of these two patients today?
2. Patient #2: Today you have two patients on your schedule for the HPV vaccine. One is a 27-year-old female. In taking her health history, you find that she is sexually active and that she had a splenectomy when she was 17. The second patient is an eleven-year-old female whose mother is concerned and wants to discuss the vaccine further before consenting. She feels that by giving the child the vaccine she is giving her permission to be sexually active.
– What type of immunizations will you recommend and why for each of these patients?
– What type of counseling will you provide in each of these scenarios related to their immunization needs?
3. Patient #3: The following two patients present for their yearly physicals before going to spend the holidays with their grandchildren, who are two months, 18 months, and seven years of age. The 72-year-old male states he “doesn’t want a flu shot” because he’s afraid he will just get sick like his neighbor who got her shot last week; however, his 67-year-old wife, who you are also seeing for a follow-up related to shingles she had a month ago, states, “I want the flu vaccine, but I don’t need the shingles vaccine now since I’ve already had it.”
– How will you counsel these individuals? Are there risks related to the children from either party? –
– What adult immunizations should be recommended for these patients?
4. Patient #4: Your final patient of the day is a three-month-old baby. The nurse states that the mom is refusing vaccinations today even though though the baby’s records show she is up to date on her immunizations. Mom explains that she feels like her baby is getting “too many” shots and since everyone else is being vaccinated then they can skip a few of the vaccines and her baby will be just fine.
– What is herd immunity and how can this help protect individuals who are not vaccinated? What are the rates for your state related to immunizations, and how could this affect herd immunity?
– What immunizations should this patient receive today, and is there any leeway in the schedule to help alleviate some of the mom’s concerns?
– Please include at least 3 scholarly sources within your initial post.
– APA style.
– Turnitin Assignment (No plagiarism)
Note: My background for you to have as a reference: I am currently enrolled in the Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, I am a Registered Nurse. I work in a Psychiatric Hospital.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.