For this project you will demonstrate competency in researching economics; that is, creatively designing a research question, locating pertinent and credible data to support an answer, and presenting results in a professional and articulate manner. Furthermore, you will also be applying fundamental statistical concepts to your data sets to more quantitively answer your research questions. Follow these steps to complete the project:
1. Using the data covered in the Health, Education, and Crime slides, generate six research questions to study (e.g. “Have thyroid cancer rates have increased since 2000?”, “What is the educational attainment across races in California?”). You are to create two research questions from Health, two from Education, and two from Crime. You are to use a different data source for each research question (e.g. CDC, FBI, NAEP, etc.) in the overall project. Raw data in excel form is necessary for this project (google “data source, subject, Excel” for fastest results). All research question must utilize a minimum of 30 data points (n>=30).
2. Excel File: For each research question create an Excel sheet with your data set, one graph and the statistical metrics listed below. For the overall project you are to use each of the statistical concepts at least once and construct at least three different types of graphs. All statistical metrics are to be calculated in Excel using the functions reviewed in class.
ü Mean (weighted, arithmetic, or geometric)
ü Sample Variance
ü Standard Deviation
ü Coefficient of Variation
ü 90th Percentile
ü Z-score for data points
ü Discrete probability distribution histogram
3. PowerPoint Presentation: For each question, create a PowerPoint slide containing one graph, your statistical metrics, up to three bullet points (optional), and hyperlinks to your data source website (make sure the links work). The PowerPoint should also contain an introduction slide (e.g. name, project #, and class).
4. Submission: Upload the Excel and PowerPoint file into the link provided in Blackboard by the due date (no e-mailed copies).
5. Grading: Project grade is weighted 50/50 for Excel/PowerPoint; however, both must be submitted to receive a score. Excel graphs must be derived from the data input in Excel. The PowerPoint is graded subjectively as a presentation to your fellow classmates so cosmetics, spelling, character size, color, creativity all matter.
6. Academic Integrity: Do not copy graphs from websites nor replicate another student’s work.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.