The following are questions to encourage you to think about your assigned readings (and lecture). Your essays should reflect, insofar as possible, your own ideas, analyses, etc. You should rely primarily on the works assigned in class. Do not forget to make references wherever appropriate. Be comprehensive in your answers. I shall be looking for your ability to synthesize material, to be critical, and to be original. Use the questions below as outline to your answer.
1. (8 P) How and why Korean immigrants came to be the most entrepreneurial ethnicity? Include the debate over the sources of Korean American entrepreneurship.
2. (10 P) A. Draw upon DY Kim’s article, “The Pursuit of Elite High Schools and Colleges among Second-Generation Korean Americans” and my lecture notes on Educational Practices. How do Korean American family and community emphasize the educational performance and career choice of college students. Provide concrete examples of such practices.
B. Drawing upon Lew’s article: “A Structural Analysis of Success and Failure of Asian Americans,” explain why there is a wide range in educational experience among Korean American youth.
3. (12 P)
Use the following two articles. Discuss both the strengths and weaknesses of each article. How could each article be improved?
• Kim, Sharon: “Shifting Boundaries within Second-Generation Korean American Churches”
• Min, Pyong Gap and Dae Young Kim: “Intergenerational Transmission of Religion and Culture’
4. (14 P) The Los Angeles Civil Unrest in spring 1992 were among the most violent and destructive events in twentieth-century urban America.
A. Use my article, “Changing the Business Plan” and Grace Lee’s new multi- media project K-TOWN’92: http://ktown92.com/
What were some of the ways Korean immigrant merchants in South Central experienced the Unrest?
• Park, Kyeyoung, 6. Changing the Business Plan: Korean Merchants Try to Reintegrate into South Central Community. In LA Rising: Korean Relations with Blacks and Latinos after Civil Unrest. (Book Manuscript)
B. Since 1992, how have Korean Americans’ racial relations with Blacks and Latinos transformed? In what ways? Use the following two articles.
• Park, Kyeyoung. 2012. An Analysis of Latino-Korean Relations in the Workplace: Latino Perspectives in the Aftermath of the 1992 Los Angeles Civil Unrest. Amerasia Journal 38 (1): 143-169.
• Park, Kyeyoung. The Racial Cartography of Post-Unrest LA (Book Manuscript) 5. (6 P) We had a guest speaker, Alice Lee, an Immigrant Rights Youth Organizer from the Korean Resource Center. How would you recap her talk about KRC’s advocacy for DACA and the DREAM Act?
We had a guest speaker, Alice Lee, an Immigrant Rights Youth Organizer from the Korean Resource Center. How would you recap her talk about KRC’s advocacy for DACA and the DREAM Act?
You must cite and also use quotation marks especially when you quote directly from a source, including from the internet. -(In using class materials), make sure to acknowledge any sources by citing or properly quoting.
Since it is an exam, you should refrain from using material outside the class. I may consider using the Turnitin plagiarism detection system.
No need to type the exam questions as long as you indicate which question you are answering. -Make sure to type all the answers in double space and 12 font format (in WORD file). -Your final exam shall amount to 8-9 pages. Going beyond the page limit may lose you some points. -Make sure to include the bibliography at the end (Your 8-9 page limit do not include a works cited page.).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.