The following table shows the number of marriages in a given State broken down by age groups and gender:
AGE at the time of the marriage
Less than 20
Use the table to answer questions (1) to (11).
1. Use the information in the table to fill in the blanks in the row and column totals.
2. How many people (male and female) got married in the State?
3. If a person that was married was randomly chosen, what is the probability that the person was a female less than 20 years old? Express your answer as a percent rounded to the nearest whole percent.
4. If a person that was married was randomly chosen, what is the probability that the person was a male less than 20 years old? Express your answer as a percent rounded to the nearest whole percent.5. If a person that was married was randomly chosen, what is the probability that the person was between the ages of 25 and 34? Express your answer as a percent rounded to the nearest whole percent.
6. Of the people over the age of 45 who got married, what percentage was female? What percentage was male? Express your answer as a percent rounded to the nearest whole percent.
7. Given that a person married was less than twenty years old, what is the probability that the person was male?
8. Given that a person married was female, what is the probability that the person was between the ages of 35 and 44?
9. If a person that was married was randomly chosen, what is the probability that the person was over the age of 45 or female?
10. If a person that was married was randomly chosen, what is the probability that the person is male and between the ages of 25 and 34?
11. Describe two events, A and B, which are mutually exclusive for the number of marriages in the State. Calculate the probability of each event, and the probability of A or B occurring.
12. Go to the state of Michigan’s website (http://michigan.gov) and search on “Vital Statistics”. Here you will find several categories containing interesting statistics about the state of Michigan. • Which statistic or statistics from the website do you find interesting? Explain why you find it interesting.• What information or “story” do the statistics tell you? Write 2-3 paragraphs summarizing the statistics.• Is there any information lacking that might make the statistic more meaningful? Why or why not?
There are data that give the relative frequency probabilities of various types of accidents (such as being killed by lightning, by a shark bite, or by falling airplane debris).
Choose two types of fatal accidents and research the relative frequency probabilities of each. Compare and discuss your findings. Were you surprised by the results? Why or why not?Your answers should be a minimum of three complete sentences. Be sure to include your references.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.