I dont have the case study online. Only in my book.
Assignment 2: Workplace Ethics
Due Week 8 and worth 275 points
Overview This assignment will give you the opportunity to choose a case study, and then write about the ethical implications and the impact of the events that are described. Each case study includes a set of questions that you should answer. You can choose either
Case Study 8.4: Have Gun Will Travel, Page 312,or
Case Study 9.1: Unprofessional Conduct, Page 342.
You will be graded on the following criteria:
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1 Analyze the questions associated with your chosen case study and discuss them using concepts you learned in this course.
2 Explain your rationale for each of your answers to your chosen case study.
NOTE: Each question asks multiple sub-questions. Be sure to answer the ENTIRE question to get full credit.
Case 8.4, page 312; Have gun, will travel.
1. Do you have a moral, not just a legal, right to own a gun? Assume (this means accept the fact)that either the Second Amendment or state law gives you a legal right to keep a gun in your car when you drive. Do you also have a moral right to do this? Do you have either a moral or a legal right to park a car with a loaded gun in a privately owned public parking lot regard- less of what the lot’s owner wants? (3 questions)
2. In your view, do employees have either a moral or a legal right to park their cars with guns in them in the company parking lot? If so, what about the property rights and safety concerns of employers? If employees don’t have this right, would it be good policy for companies to allow them to stow guns in their cars anyway? Do companies have good grounds for being concerned about weapons in their parking lots? (4 questions)
3. Do you agree with the NRA that if companies ban guns from their parking lots, this restriction would take “a wrecking ball to the Second Amendment” or nullify the right of people to have weapons for self-defense? Explain why or why not. In your view, have gun advocates been guilty of politicizing this issue? Do you think state legislatures are right to get involved, or should the matter be left to companies and employees to settle? (4+ questions)
4. Because the work place is the company’s private property, the company could choose, if it wished, to allow employees to bring guns not only into the parking lot but also into the workplace itself. Are there ever circumstances in which doing so might be reasonable, or would the presence of guns automatically violate the rights of other employees to be guaranteed a safe working environment? (2 questions, last sentence)
5. What would a libertarian say about this issue? What considerations would a utilitarian have to take into account? What conclusion might he or she draw? (3 questions)
6. If you were on a company’s board of directors, what policy would you recommend regarding handguns, rifles, or other weapons in employees’ cars? In making your recommendation, what factors would you take into account? Would it make a difference how large the company was, the nature of its workforce, or where it was located? If you support banning firearms from the parking lot, what steps, if any, do you think the company should take to enforce that policy? (4 questions)
7. Explain whether (and why) you agree or disagree with the following argument: “If employees have a right to keep guns in the parking lot, then they also have a right to bring them into workplace. After all, we’re only talking about licensed, responsible owners, and the same rationale applies: An employee might need a weapon for self-protection.What if a lunatic starts shooting up the company?” (1 question)
Case 9.1, page 343; Unprofessional conduct.
1. In concerning itself with Pettit’s off-the-job conduct, did the Board of Education violate her right to privacy, or was its concern with her lifestyle legitimate and employment related? (1 question)
2. Was Pettit’s behavior “unprofessional”? Was it “immoral”? Did it show a “lack of fitness” to teach? Explain how you understand the terms in quotation marks. (4 questions)
3. Was the Board of Education justified in firing Pettit? Explain. (2 questions)
4. Was the court’s verdict consistent with its earlier handling of the case of the homosexual teacher? (1 question)
5. If teachers perform competently in the classroom, should they also be required to be moral exemplars in their private lives? Are employees in other occupations expected to provide a moral example—either on or off the job? (2 questions)
6. Which of the following, in your view, would show unprofessional conduct, immorality, or lack of fitness to teach: drunken driving, smoking marijuana, advocating the use of marijuana, forging a check, resisting arrest for disorderly conduct and assaulting a police officer, being discovered in a compromising position with a student, propositioning a student, cheating on income tax, or calling attention to one’s openly homosexual lifestyle? Explain your choice. (2+ questions)
7. Under what conditions do employers have a legitimate interest in their employees’ off-the-job conduct? (1 questions)
3 Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
a Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
b Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
c Abstract page.
d Cite your textbook as a reference.
Include a reference page.
Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.