1. Gabe and Ashley are discussing access time. Gabe says access time is the time it takes to write to or read
from a memory location. Ashley says access time is the delay from the time the memory chip is given an
address to the time when the data is available at the data lines. Who is correct?
A. Only Ashley
D. Only Gabe
2. _______ cache memory is designed inside the CPU.
3. How is the SIMM an improvement on the SIPPs and DIPs that preceded it?
A. SIMMs are larger and thus hold more memory.
B. The SIMM allows you to remove and upgrade a bank (module) of memory.
C. The SIMM is soldered to the system board.
D. Every SIMM houses a row of pins on each side.
4. 0100111, 10101010, and 111000110 are what type of numbers?
5. Which of the following modules requires the most voltage to run?
6. Access time for memory modules is measured in what unit of time?
7. Two technicians are discussing PROM. Technician A says that PROM chips are expensive and
formatted with a device called a memorizer. Technician B says that PROM memory addresses are not
arranged in rows and columns. Which technician is correct?
A. Only Technician A
C. Only Technician B
8. Which of the following analogies best describes the relationship between RAM and its ability to store
A. Bucket with a hole in it
B. Open telephone line
C. Large bank vault with a complex combination
D. Black box with an input and output
9. If buying memory for a notebook computer, what type of module should you most likely purchase?
10. If you’re required to install memory in pairs for the system to work, what type of memory module are
you most likely using?
11. A chip that allows the BIOS to be upgraded without removing it from the motherboard is a/an
12. The cache uses a/an _______ method to anticipate what the CPU will need next.
13. What is the advantage of paging?
A. It increases speed by accessing memory in chunks.
B. Paging is assigning memory addresses and is done every time the system is booted.
C. Each page of a document is stored in one file table.
D. It allows faster mapping during the boot process.
14. How does memory cache speed up computer processing?
A. Cache memory doesn’t need to be refreshed, so access time is faster.
B. Cache memory does auto-defragmenting, so access time is faster.
C. Cache memory refreshes instantly, so access time is faster.
D. Cache memory uses more buffer space, so access time is faster.
15. Cache memory uses which of the following?
16. Two technicians are discussing the interface between system memory and the motherboard. Technician
A says data errors caused by speed mismatches are handled by making the memory run a parity check for
every bit accessed. Technician B says those speed mismatch errors are avoided by building time delays into
the motherboard to allow the system to catch up to the memory. Which technician is correct?
C. Only Technician A
D. Only Technician B
17. Your computer at work is running a 32-bit version of Windows XP. What is the approximate limit of
RAM your machine can effectively use?
A. 4 GB
B. 8 GB
C. 2 GB
D. 1 GB
18. What is a clock rate?
A. Maximum transfer rate to L2 cache
B. Oscillator on the board usually measured in MHz
C. Cursor flashing speed
D. The speed at which a hard disk spins
End of exam
19. If you need to erase the data on a specialized memory chip, and it requires ultraviolet light to do so,
what type of chip should be used?
20. The system board receives important information from DIMMs regarding the RAM configuration
B. serial presence detect (SPD).
C. error checking and correcting (ECC).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.