Please review the attached instructions for Stage 1. I have provided some additional details in the comments and highlighted parts of the instructions that students often miss. Some other things to remember:
– Don’t forget to submit your paper to Turnitin as well as the classroom
– If you have time, I strongly suggest using the Effective Writing Center
– Using the first person (you should avoid pronouns I, we, my, you, and ours). The first person should not be used in a professional paper.
– Referring to the staff at MFC by name – this is a report for MFC and should be written as if it is for the client, in this case, MFC. For the “People” section person1,2,&3 can be listed as physician, administrative nurse, and clinical nurse. This is particularly important since the nurses change roles.
– You are writing functional requirements. Not non-functional requirements or system qualities. If you use words like efficiency, portability, security, reliability, usability, etc. in your statement you are probably talking about a non-functional requirement as this describes characteristics of the system rather than functions.
– Here are some examples of functional requirements for an EHR. None of these are written in a way that meets the SMART requirements (as described in the discussion forum), so think about how you could revise them so they can be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and/or timebound. You need to cite care cloud if you adapt any of these, you are not permitted to use any of them as a direct quote.
“Common Functional Requirements of an EHR
Pinpoint and locate patients, their demographics, and histories
Manage patient demographics
Administer patient-specific instructions and care plans
Write prescriptions with patient-specific dosing, warnings and order referrals
Schedule and manage tasks
Electronic communication and data recorded from medical devices
Transfer of data and current directory of provider information
Print-out of information when necessary
Remote access and specialized views of data
Generate administrative and financial data from clinical record automatically
Supervise patient reminders
Manage workflows, integrity and data retention”
Discussion Week 2
Topic: Analyze organizational processes to identify information systems requirements
For your Stage 1 assignment, you will analyze the processes at the Midtown Family Clinic to identify the essential requirements for the EHR system for the Clinic. For this discussion, you will practice analyzing processes and identifying functional requirements for a system to improve a process.
First, we need to be sure you can identify a process; many students have difficulty with that, so refer to the week 2 readings that describe various healthcare processes. Keep in mind that a process is a set of specified steps to accomplish a task.
Second, requirements for a system need to be clearly written so that the people who are developing the system or evaluating a system for use can discern whether the requirements are met or not. One set of criteria for writing clear requirements is referred to as “SMART” criteria, which means each requirement statement is:
For a more in-depth discussion and some examples, see: https://jessica80304.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/smart-requirements/
1. Drawing from your own experience, select a health care process used at your place of work or in your interaction with a health care organization that you would like to see improved. Explain why you picked that process.
2. Imagine that a system is to be implemented (or an existing system improved) to make that process better, and identify five (5) requirements that the system would need to satisfy. Each requirement is one sentence in length and addresses one thing the system must do. Here we are interested in “functional requirements” – the activities the system must perform to support the identified process. We are not including “nonfunctional requirements” that include how the system would perform.
3. Review (and re-write if necessary) the 5 requirements statements to ensure they meet the “SMART” criteria.
GROUPS 1, 3 and 4: In replying to the postings, you are to critically evaluate all of the following for at least two main postings:
EVERYONE: Review the criteria in the Discussion Grading Rubric, and reply to those who critique your work or post other points of view. Be sure to demonstrate your understanding of the topic and analytical thinking.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.