Individual Project: Job Analysis Exercise – 13% – Due in Week 3
Job Description JD/ Specification Analysis:
You are required to select HR Professionals job requirements (Skill level A – Category 1121) from Canadian Government NOC (National Occupation Classification) list. Follow the link provided, enter the NOC Code 1121 for HR Professionals to see federal JD/JS outlined for HR Professionals in general. For your analysis you can pick any Job title from the list of HR Professionals – outlined in the federal NOC list. Now lookup for the similar role/ position/title’s Job Description, as advertised by any BC (British Columbia) based company and analyse the differences in the job description. For a sound analysis Choose a BC based company with detailed JD/JS. Most of the big corporate companies/Public universities will have a detailed Job requirements. Do not select a small company specially if JD is not clear enough.
Your task is to analyze the Job Description (JD) and Job Specification (JS)- provided for HR Professionals – in the light of theory/concepts/Canadian Laws learned in this course as well as class discussions.
A. You are supposed to write down the similarities & differences in JD & JS in Table format – Here’s the sample table format.
FED – JD/JS
BC – JD/JS
• Differences or Add-ons
• You can analyze job’s main role and sub tasks here
• Provide the screen shots of both – NOC – Job requirements and BC based Company’s JD in the appendix. This will help you solve the similarity issue
B. Based on your analysis in part A. Create a provincial Job Description along with Job Specification for HR professionals of BC (This should be general job description just like NOC and not for any specific position)
• Your Job description/specification should be in bullet points (Look at at-least 7-8 good JD samples for HR jobs posted within BC and then recreate yours by following the same pattern). You should not copy paste tasks/subtasks/requirements from these jobs just use them for idea generation and then incorporate your knowledge of HR profession to create yours.
• Avoid unnecessary length but make sure you are covering all the important points. All the real JDs are not more than 1.5 pages in length so keep it realistic.
• ANALYSIS – You will be marked on thoroughness of your analysis and how well informed your analysis is. How creative your JD is. How well do you know both federal and provincial laws. How many important elements of employability are you covering in your JD.
• PAPER REQUIREMENTS – Whether students have fully understood the paper requirements. If all requirements are satisfactorily met/fulfilled. Whether or not all questions have been answered.
• QUALITY AND VARIETY OF SOURCES – For this information to be robust you have to use at least 12 references – Google, Wikipedia will not be considered as authentic sources you will be marked down for using them. You can use company websites, Governmental & provincial websites of Canada, Labour laws both federal and provincial, updated textbooks, journal and industry papers etc.,
• FORMATTING – You must include title page, list of references and appendices for this Exercise. APA style of formatting for font style, line spacing etc., must be used. NO Abstract or Introduction needed start directly with part A – table.
• Provide all your sources of information that you have used to gather the numbers/figures along with hyperlinks that instructor can access in the list of references. NUMBER the references in your list.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.