Complete the following problem in your textbook:
From Chapter 10: Problems: 2, 4, 17, and 18
From Chapter 11: Problems: 3, 7 and 27
From Chapter 12: Problems: 6, 10 and 21
All work should be submitted in Excel with one (1) problem per tab in a single workbook. Formulas should be used as opposed to outside or manual calculations. Use of Excel add-ins is encouraged.
2. “Use the Excel file Banking Data. Construct a boxplot for the Median Income, Median Home Value, Median Household Wealth, and Average Bank Balance. What observations can you make about these data?”
4. “Construct a scatterplot matrix for Median Income, Median Home Value, Median Household Wealth, and Average Bank Balance in the Excel file Banking Data. What conclusions can you reach?”
17. “The Excel file Credit Risk Data provides a database of information about loan applications along with a classification of credit risk in column L. Convert the categorical data into numerical codes as appropriate. Sample 200 records from the data set. Then apply discriminant analysis to classify training and validation data sets and the new data in the file. Summarize your findings.”
18. “The Excel file Credit Risk Data provides a database of information about loan applications, along with a classification of credit risk in column L. Convert the categorical data into numerical codes as appropriate. Then apply logistic regression to classify training and validation data sets and the new data in the file. Summarize your findings.”
3. “Develop a spreadsheet model to determine how much a person or a couple can afford to spend on a house.7 Lender guidelines suggest that the allowable monthly housing expenditure should be no more than 28% of monthly gross income. From this, you must subtract total nonmortgage housing expenses, which would include insurance and property taxes and any other additional expenses. This defines the affordable monthly mortgage payment. In addition, guidelines also suggest that total affordable monthly debt payments, including housing expenses, should not exceed 36% of gross monthly income. This is calculated by subtracting total nonmortgage housing expenses and any other installment debt, such as car loans, student loans, credit-card debt, and so on, from 36% of total monthly gross income. The smaller of the affordable monthly mortgage payment and the total affordable monthly debt payments is the affordable monthly mortgage. To calculate the maximum that can be borrowed, find the monthly payment per $1,000 mortgage based on the current interest rate and duration of the loan. Divide the affordable monthly mortgage amount by this monthly payment to find the affordable mortgage. Assuming a 20% down payment, the maximum price of a house would be the affordable mortgage divided by 0.8. Use the following data to test your model: total monthly gross income = $6,500; nonmortgage housing expenses = $350; monthly installment debt = $500; monthly payment per $1,000 mortgage = $7.25.”
7. “A garage band wants to hold a concert. The expected crowd is 3,000. The average expenditure on concessions is $15. Tickets sell for $10 each, and the band’s profit is 80% of the gate and concession sales, minus a fixed cost of $12,000. Develop a general mathematical model and implement it on a spreadsheet to find their expected profit.”
27. “The weekly price at an extended-stay hotel (renting by the week for business travelers) is $950. Operating costs average $20,000 per week, regardless of the number of rooms rented. Construct a spreadsheet model to determine the profit if 40 rooms are rented. The manager has observed that the number of rooms rented during any given week varies between 32 and 50 (the total number of rooms available). Use data tables to evaluate the profit for this range of unit rentals. Suppose the manager is considering lowering or increasing the weekly price by $100. How will profit be affected?”
6. “Use Analytic Solver Platform to simulate the Outsourcing Decision Model under the assumptions that the production volume will be triangular with a minimum of 800, maximum of 1,700, and most likely value of 1,400, and that the unit supplier cost is normally distributed with a mean of $175 and a standard deviation of $12. Find the probability that outsourcing will result in the best decision.”
10. “Use Analytic Solver Platform to simulate the Outsourcing Decision Model under the assumptions that the production volume will be triangular with a minimum of 800, maximum of 1,700, and most likely value of 1,400, and that the unit supplier cost is normally distributed with a mean of $175 and a standard deviation of $12. Find the probability that outsourcing will result in the best decision.”
21. “Develop a simulation model for a 3-year financial analysis of total profit based on the following data and information. Sales volume in the first year is estimated to be 100,000 units and is projected to grow at a rate that is normally distributed with a mean of 7% per year and a standard deviation of 4%. The selling price is $10, and the price increase is normally distributed with a mean of $0.50 and standard deviation of $0.05 each year. Per-unit variable costs are $3, and annual fixed costs are $200,000. Per-unit costs are expected to increase by an amount normally distributed with a mean of 5% per year and standard deviation of 2%. Fixed costs are expected to increase following a normal distribution with a mean of 10% per year and standard deviation of 3%. Based on 10,000 simulation trials, find the average 3-year cumulative average. Generate and explain a trend chart showing net profit by year.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.