Unit 1 Discussion (HRM 330 Business Analytics)
Bringing Research To Life; Discuss the case scenario below.
• Jason and Sara are discussing an action taken by a potential new client and Jason’s response to that action.
♦ Jason has met with a potential client that wanted him to do something Jason found completely unethical: to conduct an exploratory research study into the proposed and planned activities of a competitor by using a false job-interview format to lure competitor’s employees seeking job advancement to the interviews—individuals who would be unlikely to volunteer to participate in such an interview if the true purpose was revealed.
♦Based on information gleaned from the actions of another executive, the computer peripheral manufacturer had sent out a request for proposal (RFP), requesting firms with focus-group facilities to submit proposals to conduct several taped, individual depth interviews. The hidden purpose of the interviews was to discover competitor’s growth plans. Supposedly, another firm had tried this and successfully lured one of its major competitor’s director of business development to apply for the fake position. In the context of the interview the executive had revealed information about his employer’s growth plans in Mexico.
♦ During the interview to determine if Henry and Associates will be awarded the contract for this research project, Jason discovers that the project is not as it was detailed in the RFP.
– He leaves the interview, withdrawing his proposal and taking his company’s physical proposal with him.
– He identifies the other companies vying for the project based on the proposals clearly visible on the manufacturer’s desk.
– He calls his counterpart at the other research companies and reveals the true purpose and design of the project being proposed.
•Some Additional Discussion Questions:
♦Who acted unethically here?
– Is it appropriate/inappropriate for a potential client (the computer peripheral manufacturer) to suggest a methodology to the person or firm it wants to do the actual research?
– Was it appropriate/inappropriate for Jason to withdraw the Henry and Associates proposal?
– Was it appropriate/inappropriate for Jason to use the visible covers of other research suppliers’ proposals to identify the other companies competing for the research contract.
– Was it appropriate/inappropriate for Jason to contact his counterpart at the identified research companies to alert them to the situation that he had discovered in the interview?
♦If research was done as the computer peripheral manufacturer suggested, what would be appropriate actions for competitors?
– Is there a basis for a fraud action by . . .
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.