intermediate financial reporting standard
1. ABC Corporation had the following inventory transactions for the month of December 20X5:
Date in December
Price per unit
As at December 31, 20X5, ABC had 700 units of inventory on hand. What is the value of the inventory held by ABC as at December 31, 20X5, if the company uses the FIFO inventory valuation method under a periodic inventory system?
2. The accountant at Rocketfire Corp. needs to estimate the company’s quarter-end inventory to complete its interim financial statements. Rocketfire has a relatively small product offering and a captive market. As such, it has been able to maintain a constant gross margin of 40% over the last three years. Extracts from the company’s general ledger follow:
Sales (gross) $330,000
Sales returns and allowances 5,400
Purchases (gross) 175,000
Purchase discounts 6,000
Opening inventory 45,000
What amount should Rocketfire report on its financial statements as ending inventory estimated using the gross profit method?
3. In early 20X1, Textron Inc. entered into an agreement with Scantech Ltd. for the construction of a new office building. It is expected to take three years to complete construction. The initial total estimated cost of the building was $28 million and the price of the contract was set at $38 million. At December 31, 20X1, the total cumulative cost incurred was $18 million. Due to increasing costs of materials, the total estimated cost of the project at the end of 20X1 was $31 million. By the end of the 20X2 fiscal year, an additional $9 million of costs was incurred. At December 31, 20X2, the total estimated cost of the project remained the same as at December 31, 20X1.
What amount should Textron recognize as gross profit (the profit element) for the December 31, 20X2, fiscal year?
a) $2.0 million
b) $3.2 million
c) $4.0 million
d) $6.1 million
4. On January 1, 20X3, Gaudreau Enterprises sold goods and accepted a $200,000, five-year interest-free note from the purchaser. The note was repayable at $40,000 per annum, with the first payment due on December 31, 20X3. The market rate of interest for similar notes was 6% per annum. Gaudreau Enterprises only records adjusting entries at year end, and all amounts are material.
What amount of interest revenue should Gaudreau Enterprises accrue at its December 31, 20X3 year end?
5. On July 1, 20X3, Clear Water Corporation received a $45,000, three-year, 6% note receivable from a customer for services performed. Interest is payable annually, with the first payment due on June 30, 20X4. The market rate for similar notes is 8%. Clear Water has a December 31 fiscal year end.
How much interest revenue should Clear Water recognize in the December 31, 20X3, fiscal year?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.