1. Han Corporation issues a bond which has a coupon rate of 9.40%, a yield to maturity of 7.75%, a face value of $1,000, and a market price of $990. What is the semiannual interest payment? Round to two decimal places.
2. A shipping company sold an issue of 14-year $1,000 par bonds to build new ships. The bonds pay 10% interest, compounded semiannually. Today’s required rate of return is 8.50%. How much should these bonds sell for today? Round to two decimal places.
3. Assume a company has an issue of 30-year $1,000 par value bonds that pay 4.75% interest, compounded annually. Further assume that today’s required rate of return on these bonds is 3.25%. How much would these bonds sell for today? Round to two decimal places.
4. Atlantis Company issued bonds on January 1, 2006. The bonds had a coupon rate of 6.0%, with interest paid semiannually. The face value of the bonds is $1,000 and the bonds mature on January 1, 2024. What is the yield to maturity for these bonds on January 1, 2019 if the market price of the bond on that date is $1,150? Submit your answer as a percentage and round to two decimal places.
5. A $1,000 par value 8-year bond with a 13 percent coupon rate recently sold for $980. What is the yield to maturity if the bond makes semiannual payments? Submit your answer as a percentage rounded to two decimal places.
6. Consider a 7 year bond with face value $1,000 that pays an 8.4% coupon semi-annually and has a yield-to-maturity of 6.9%. What is the approximate percentage change in the price of bond if interest rates in the economy are expected to increase by 0.40% per year? Submit your answer as a percentage and round to two decimal places. (Hint: What is the expected price of the bond before and after the change in interest rates?)
7. Nippon, Inc. expects its current annual $3.30 per share common stock dividend to remain the same for the foreseeable future. What is the intrinsic value of the stock to an investor with a required return of 9.2%? Round to two decimal places.
8. Hackworth Company’s common stock is expected to pay a $6.10 dividend in the coming year. If investors require an 11% return and the growth rate in dividends is expected to be 7%, what should the market price of the stock be? Round to two decimal places.
9. Nell Corporation stock is currently selling for $15.50. The stock is expected to pay a dividend of
$1.75 at the end of the year. Dividends are expected to grow at a constant rate of 6% indefinitely. Compute the expected rate of return on Nell Corporation stock. Submit your answer as a percentage and round to two decimal places.
10. Finkle-McGraw Corp. just paid a dividend today of $2.60 per share. The dividend is expected to grow at a constant rate of 4.6% per year. If Finkle-McGraw Corp. stock is selling for $72.00 per share, what is the stockholders’ expected rate of return? Submit your answer as a percentage and round to two decimal places.
You are required to use a financial calculator or spreadsheet (Excel) to solve 10 problems related to the risk and return, stocks and bonds valuation. You are required to show the following 3 steps for each problem (sample questions and solutions are provided for guidance):
(i) Describe and interpret the assumptions related to the problem.
(ii) Apply the appropriate mathematical model to solve the problem.
(iii) Calculate the correct solution to the problem.
Sample Questions and Solutions
Sample Question # 1:
A company has an issue of 12-year bonds that pay 5% interest, annually. Further assume that today’s required rate of return on these bonds is 7%. How much would these bonds sell for today? Round off to the nearest $1.
(i) The problem assumes that the face value of the bond is $1000. The bond will pay an annual coupon of 5% i.e., coupon or interest amount of $50 is assumed to paid every year. It also assumes that investors currently required a return of 7% on investments with similar risk characteristics. The use of bond valuation concept is appropriate to calculate the true value of these bonds. The accuracy of the solution depends on the correctness of the assumptions on face value, coupon payments and required rate of return assumption.
(ii) The use of bond valuation concept which suggests that the true value of a bond is the present value of its future coupon and face value discounted at investors required rate of return is appropriate to calculate the true value of these bonds. We are required to compute the present value (PV) which represents the true value of the bond.
(iii) FV= $1000; PMT=$50; Rate = 7%; N=12 years; Compute PV = ? $841.15 Value of the Bond = $841.15
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.