Please follow the directions everything is in the assignment content.
Signature Assignment: AZELLA Report Analysis and Lesson Modifications
Complete Parts 1 and 2 below.
Scenario: Mauricio is a 4-grade English learner (EL) student in Ms. Hendrix’s class whose Arizona English Language Learner Assessment (AZELLA) scores are as follows:
MAURICIO’S SCORE REPORT
*Total Combined Score
*To be considered overall proficient, students must achieve Proficient in the Total Combined Score as well as the Reading and Writing scores.
The chart below explains the AZELLA Proficiency Levels and Descriptors.
Overall Proficiency Level
Overall Proficiency Level Descriptors
· The student consistently understands and produces social and academic English.
· The student independently reads and comprehends key information in grade-appropriate texts.
· The student writes paragraphs in various writing applications using grade-level vocabulary and simple, compound, and complex sentences with a variety of verb tenses.
· The student has a moderate ability to understand and produce academic English.
· The student has a moderate ability to independently read and comprehend grade-appropriate text.
· The student writes sentences demonstrating some control of conventions, grammatical structures, and academic vocabulary.
· The student has a limited understanding of academic and social English and produces short phrases and simple sentences with common construction patterns.
· The student has limited ability to decode and comprehend text read independently.
· The student writes simple sentences with limited control of conventions, grammar, and vocabulary.
Pre-Emergent / Emergent
· The student has an extremely limited and inconsistent understanding of social and academic English.
· With instructional/environmental support, the student can formulate simple phrases and sentences orally and in writing.
Create a diagram that includes the following information based on Mauricio’s student report. Complete the following in your diagram:
· Identify his strengths, challenges, and resulting instructional needs.
· Identify examples of assessments you could use to help him improve in those areas.
· Describe examples of home activities to support in all the challenging areas.
Scenario: Mauricio’s 4th-grade teacher, Ms. Hendrix, will be teaching a lesson to the class about Regions. You are the school’s EL coordinator and Ms. Hendrix has come to you for ideas on how she could modify her lesson plan to support Mauricio’s language needs based on his AZELLA results.
Using the table below, modify Ms. Hendrix’s traditional lesson about Regions into a lesson that incorporates the 3 UDL guidelines:
1. Multiple Means of Representation (What)
2. Multiple Means of Action and Expression (How)
3. Multiple Means of Engagement (Why)
Incorporate at least 1 technology tool or resource in your modifications.
Traditional Lesson Plan
UDL Lesson Plan
Goal: Students will read the “What is a Region?” chapter in their textbook and answer the review questions at the end of the chapter in handwritten responses.
Goal: <insert text>
Focus: Understand what a region is.
Focus: <insert text>
Materials: Textbook, lecture, Microsoft© PowerPoint© presentation, and worksheet
Materials: <insert text>
10:00–10:30 — Whole-group: The teacher summarizes the main ideas in the textbook chapter using a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation and lecture.
10:30–10:40 — Independent work: Students complete the True-or-False worksheet that describes examples and non-examples of regions.
10:40–10:50 — Independent work: Students start working on the review questions at the end of the textbook chapter and will complete for homework.
Instruction: <insert text>
Assessment: Textbook review questions will be graded.
Assessment: <insert text>
Write a 350- to 525-word rationale on your chosen modifications for each section. Explain how your modifications support Mauricio’s language needs and exhibit the 3 UDL guidelines. Include any possible standard assessment accommodations available to Mauricio.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.