Final Exam FIN 366
Chapter 8 Questions and Problems – Financial Institutions, Markets and Money Page 227
1. Calculate the gross profit that an underwriter would make if it sold $10 million worth of bonds at
par (face value) and paid the firm that sold the bonds 99.25 percent of par.
2. If a bond dealer bought a $100,000 municipal bond at 90 percent of par and sold it at 93 percent of par, how much money did the dealer make on the bid–ask spread?
3. If a corporate bond paid 9 percent interest, and you
are in the 28 percent income tax bracket, what rate would you have to earn on a general obligation municipal bond of equivalent risk and maturity in order to be equally well off? Given that municipal bonds are often not easily marketable, would you want to earn a higher or lower rate than the rate you just calculated?
4. If a trust is established to securitize $100 million in auto loans that paid 13 percent interest and the
average rate paid on the tranches issued was 10 percent, whereas financial guarantees to protect against default on the loans cost 1.5 percent, how much money would the creator of the trust have available to pay for loan servicing and profits if the financial guarantee was purchased?
5. Why are private placements of securities often popular with both the buyer and seller of the securities?
6. Give a concise definition of the following types of municipal bonds: (a) general obligation, (b) revenue,
(c) industrial development, and (d) mortgage-backed .
7. What features make municipal bonds attractive to certain groups of investors? Why do other groups not want to hold municipal securities?
8. Define the following terms: (a) private placement,(b) asset-backed security, (c) callable securities, (d) sinking fund provisions, and (e) convertible features of securities.
9. Explain how securities are brought to market under (a) a competitive sale and (b) a negotiated sale. How do the two methods of sale differ?
10. Describe the different forms of financial guarantees seen in the bond markets.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.