1. (TCO 1) Your company owns a piece of land and is in the middle of purchasing this property to expand their footprint in the community. At the last minute, the seller has backed out of the deal, leaving you with few options. Your supervisor wants to explore the options for remedies in this case. What remedies would be available given the type of transaction and outcome at stake? Would legal damages make the company whole? What equitable remedies may be available? Explain your answer highlighting the difference between remedies at law and remedies at equity?
2. (TCO 2) Given the current economic climate nationwide and locally, the state of Delmarva would like to impose a higher tax on out-of-state companies doing business in the state than it imposes on in-state companies. The reason behind the legislature’s enactment of this law is to protect the local firms from out-of-state competition because they are losing local business, which is affecting the state’s economy. Is this law legal, or is it a violation of equal protection for a state to impose? What legal standards could the court apply in evaluating the constitutionality of a law and which would apply in this instance?
3. (TCO 3) Jane lives in Florida and owns a small fresh fruit market. Robert lives in Georgia on a peach farm. For years, Jane and Robert have worked together; Jane buying peaches from Robert and Robert selling peaches to Jane for resale. Jane travels across the border to Georgia to buy her peaches because she knows that Robert has the best peaches in Georgia and her customers love them and come from miles to buy them from her. Jane contracted with Robert to buy 4 bushels of peaches and traveled to Georgia, as usual, to pick them up. Unfortunately, before Jane arrived, Robert sold her peaches to Xavier, a gentleman from North Carolina who was passing through and insisted on buying every last peach available. Jane wants to sue Robert for breach of contract. Can Jane sue Robert? What claims could she raise and in what court would she raise them? Explain your answer from a jurisdictional standpoint using the above scenario. What types of jurisdiction are at play?
4. (TCO 4) Sandy mails a letter back to Andrea that she has signed; the letter makes reference to a car Andrea has for sale and Andrea’s desired price. When Andrea later delivers the car to Sandy, Sandy returns the car, claiming she does not want the car and that they did not have a contract, so she is not bound to keep the car. Andrea, however, claims they do have a contract and wants to enforce said contract for the price of the car. What standard would the court use to determine whether there is a contract between the parties for the sale of the car?
5. (TCO 5) There are several distinctions in contract law between the UCC and common law as it relates to certain principles. As it relates to modification of a contract, how is the UCC’s treatment of this subject different from that of common law? What are the important factors to be considered? Provide an example that demonstrates the difference.
1. (TCO 6) Explain the function and purpose of an administrative agency. At what level of government do we find agencies, and how and by whom or what are they empowered to do what they do?
2. (TCO 7) Smart Corporation began marketing phone in 2002 under the mark “Smart.” In 2008, Smart.com, Inc., a different company selling different products, such as school supplies and the like, begins using “smart” as part of its website URL and registers “sMART” as its domain name. Can Smart Corporation stop this use of “sMART”? If so, what must the company show? Use the scenario given to explain your answer in this context.
3. (TCO 8) What are the four principal types of Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) systems today? Distinguish between the four types of electronic funds transfer systems used by banks. When is an electronic transaction binding under the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act? Using a real-life example, distinguish the liability of the bank, the customer and the payee in an electronic transfer of funds situation.
4. (TCO 9) Sue owns as company called Tons of Toys, Inc. (TOT). TOT, has just a few employees, including Lori, Sue’s personal assistant. Due to Sue’s extensive travel requirements to market her company, Lori has the authority in her absence to keep things running. On Sue’s latest trip, Lori without consulting Sue or having the proper authority, represents herself as Sue and signs a promissory note in Sue’s name. Will Sue be liable on the note? If so, under what circumstances? If not, why not? Explain in your answer in the context of this scenario as it relates to authority from an agency standpoint.
5. (TCO 10) What are the main features of a traditional corporation? What are the main features of a Limited Liability Company? What are the similarities and differences we can look to when trying to determine which entity will best suit our needs in a given situation? In the context of entity selection, discuss the main features of these two entities and compare the liability that a corporation would be exposed to as it relates to shareholders/owners of a corporation as opposed to the members of a limited liability company (LLC). Would your choice change if the situation involved an act of fraud? Why or why not?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.